Monday, June 11, 2007

On Remembering: Marissa Giovanna August 31, 1997-June 11, 2006

On the first anniversary of Marissa's death, I wanted to share some of my memoies.
I miss you.

Best smile ever!




Little stinker... the Halloween skunk!















Swinging...she loved to swing! She never got very big so she always fit in that infant swing.











Happy little showoff...













A nap with me.










How cute is this?


Firefighter for Halloween


Marissa the Party Girl, age 2


The mystert "halo." Cant figure out what the little white reflection is... proof of an angel?


My beautiful girl...


Chillin' in her wheelchair at the playground.


"Are we done yet?" A walk in the woods in the Fall




My favorite picture of her smile...










Marissa outside at her grandparent's house.










Mommy and a brand new Rissa-roo!





Marissa at her playgroup for special needs kids with her mommy.










The last picture I have of Roo










Marissa Giovanna just a few hours old.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marissa made friends where there was none. She united people who would not have normally spoke. She kept a bond between people who might have easily walked away. She gave purpose and drive to what might have been an otherwise normal type existence.

We are all special, in our own ways. Her specialness came out EARLY in her life for all of us to see and share in! She is missed and remembered fondly.

b

Celeste said...

what a beautiful tribute to your beautiful girl.

i know your wife from our online forums and just wanted to send love and support your way.

Celeste
aka celesterra

Anonymous said...

I am part of Jen's Saturday knitting "coven". Thinking of your family, and sending love and white light.

Dawn

Crystal said...

She is absolutely gorgeous. I lost my son (premature stillbirth) a couple of years ago. I didn't get as much of a chance to get to know him in person as you did Roo, but I must tell you that your blog (and your post over at the board) are wonderfully healing and a huge blessing. I'm sure that the Broadduses are appreciating it too.

Take care.