Thursday, May 31, 2007

On Aging Pop Culture Icons

A friend of mine turned me on to this the Rambo 4 trailer the other day. Its pretty brutal. Click above to check it out.
Yes, ladies and gents, Rambo is back.

After Rocky Balboa, I wondered if the rumors were true that Sylvester Stallone was going to revive David Morrell's character in his successful franchise. Though truth be told, in the original book that inspired four slaughter happy films, John Rambo dies...

So now we have seen the return of both Rocky and Rambo.
What's next?

Indiana Jones 4 began filming this month.
Harrison Ford will be back. And as if he isnt too old for the hat and the whip, rumor has it that Sean Connery is joining him.
Yeah. I'll be there.


Doesnt look to be as brutal or ultra violent as the Rambo 4 flick, but Im sure I will subject myself to both.

One aging star that wont be returning to his roots any time soon is Mel Gibson.No, I am not talking about his floundering "Lethal Weapon" series that started with a bang, and slowly fizzled out over four films. I am referring to one of the greatest and often overlooked sci-fi action series of all time. The story of "Mad" Max Rockatansky... known to American audiences as The Road Warrior. Max will be returning for a fourth run in "Fury Road," but with another actor behind the wheel...
See article:

http://www.cinematical.com/2007/03/14/mad-max-4-announced-mel-gibson-will-not-star/

All thats left is the Governator... can it be?
“I think it’s in his contract [to make an appearance],” MGM CEO Harry Sloan told The Boston Herald when talking about "Terminator IV."
Gee. What will that look like?


Yeah...
as sad as it sounds, I'll probably see that one too.

No comments: