Tuesday, July 3, 2007

On Art: A Work in Progress

Greetings again, true believers! It is I, your humble host.

I thought that I would share for you a work in progress. Part of my asperations as an artist is to fuse my art, poetry, and prose into a volume that will share the process of grief that I have worked through the past year, and continue to work through each day. Much of the conversational prose has yet to be written, but my essays are all complete, and I am in the process of formatting the work.

As an artist, I struggled to come up with a means of describing the pain of losing a child to someone who has not had the experience. Finally after much work, I designed a "self-portrait" in ink, and I will be moving on to a colored format that I hope to use in this manuscript. This blog will be the format for me to share that work from start to finish.

Eventually I will post the photograph I will be basing the project on.

See you soon with an update :)

E&B

No comments: