Saturday, July 7, 2007

On Art: A Work in Progress Part II

Here is the basic outline of the painting I will be working on. I have will show it in several stages, the first few will be in this post with commentary.


The image is a "self-portrait" of sorts. Well, I guess not of sorts. Its me. I just had a photograph taken, and then I worked it onto the canvas. I however, am not the subject of the painting... the emotion is.

I began with the colors immediately. I have a vision of some Simon Bisley work in this, but it doesnt come out with the blue. It is flat and cartoonish.

I switched to browns...one idea being that I could use only two colors of paint for the entire piece. I put that idea aside, and added black and grays. The head distortion did not turn out as planned however, and the face is beginning to look like a tengu.

More coming.

No comments: