Saturday, July 21, 2007

On Art: My first time...


Here is my first computer colored picture.
I finaly figured I had betterget with the program if I am to fulfill my life's dream of the revisiting of the 1980's post-apocalyptic superheroes inspired by Mad Max movies. Thats right I want to do a comic book before I die.
I have been recently working on getting the tools and skills together to make this happen, and have been exploring online communities for support. One of these is the Online Manga University... some pretty cool folks there. This is a contest entry based on some Warrior Android named Roxxanne. I apologize to all those at OMU whom I may offend with my ignorance.

This is the first time I have used computers to so anything. I did a sketch, inked and scanned it onto the iBook. Then I used Photoshop 4 to color, though I found it to be a time-consuming and irritating process. The results when you look closely at the maginified image are rough to say the least. I will be adding the hand colored version in the near future for a comparison.

I hope to post a few pages within the next month or so with an excerpt. Lots of excerpts huh people? When the hell am I going to get you a finished product?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow.. all this creative energy reminds me of someone else..Hmm. Bill Richards!

Maybe you have a mentor in the wings!
He did move out closer to you! :)

Sorry- just busting your chops a bit.

b