Thursday, April 12, 2007

On Grief: Being Angry with God--WARNING MAY BE OFFENSIVE TO SOME READERS

Here I promised something soon. I also mentioned that what I provided would possibly be shocking. Thus, if you are a God-fearing Christian, whose faith or belief system is easily offended, please read no further. I do not wish to offend anyone, but at the same time I am going to express my feelings. I am angry, and there is little doubt as to whom I am angry with.
Read on at your own risk.
Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

“Christians by their very nature are selfish. Let’s put it this way, would Christians follow Christ if there was nothing in it for them in the end of the day? I think not. There is a reward at the end for them. How can you live for god when you are basically living to secure YOUR own fate…”
Ihategod.net


It was Easter on the 8th of this month. Easter is the Christian celebration of Christ’s victory over death (you know, when Jesus rose from the dead on the third day after his crucifixion?). Well I have an issue to take with this.

It has now been close to a year since my Rissa passed away. I have waited much longer that the required three days. No one has sent me a letter stating that there has been a mistake. No one has come to the door stating that Marissa is waiting patiently at the security desk to be picked up. No one has called to say “She is risen!”

What a bunch of crap.
Seriously. How stupid can people be to place their trust in something as ridiculous as this mythology. If Christ had really triumphed over death, then wouldn’t everyone be free? Wouldn’t all of our loved ones be able to be with us still? What kind of sweeping victory grants the spoils only to one?

No, I think that the early followers of Christ talked too mush sh*t. Their leader was gone, and pursued by those who hated them, they needed some kind of battle call—some hero to rally around, and since the major players had all denounced, doubted, or betrayed Jesus, they figured none of them were qualified. I’m sure that John came up with the brilliant idea that if Jesus just came back from the dead, all the enemies the twelve apostles had would simply **** out. It would be easy really. No one would have to know. After all, after Jesus rose from the dead, he only appeared to his friends and disciples.

I would think that with such a grand victory, he would have been prancing around everywhere to thumb his nose at those who killed him. Even If his resurrection was more than a hoax, it was simply a matter of who he had to bl*w to get himself out of trouble.
“Holy sh*t! I’m dead! This sucks! Hey you! Big fella with the pointy tail and horns… Whats a guy gotta do to get outa here?”

Oh yeah. Im still angry. And all the people who tell me that If I would just trust my “Lord-and-Savior” and he will bring me peace can go take a long walk off a short pier. All it does is rub all my painful sh*t in my face.

My baby is dead. Where is the comfort of their beloved Christ? Even if I still believed that the mythology of Christianity was fact, where is his hollow victory over death? When are people going to get that I am a grownup and I dont care what they think or what their religious beliefs are? I have my own method for comfort--right now it is in my ability to be angry. I have every right to be angry, and last I checked it wasn't against the law. I will be angry as long as I need to be to heal.

SO TERRIBLEY SORRY THAT MY GRIEF DOES NOT MEET YOUR ACCEPTABLE TIMETABLE!

Keep this "comfort and peace of Jesus" sh*t to yourselves people. You obviously have no idea how rude and inconsiderate this really is. Furthermore, as a recovering Christian, none of this makes any difference to me in the first place. I grow tired of having the "comfort and peace" of somone elses belief system continuously rammed down my throat by those who think they mean well, but are simply reaffirming their own beliefs to themselves out of fear. Your God is no more valid or real than what I believe...

Im not worried about what is going to happen to me after I die. If I am not... why are you?

No comments: